URS Khalifa -Hazrat Usman-e-Ghani (R.A)
Third Caliph ( 573-656 C.E )
Urs date is 18th Dhu al-Hijjah 1439
Approx :Thursday 30th August 2018
(Depending on Lunar date of your country).
Hazrat Usman-e-Ghani (R.A) were one of the Companions of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w), who were given the reward of Heaven by Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) in the world.
Their name was Usman bin Affan (R.A) and Their titles include “Al Ghani” (The Generous) and “Zun Noorain” (Possessor of Two Lights).
Hazrat Usman Ibn-e-Affan belonged to Banu Umayyia, clan of the Quresh. Their name as by the Patronymic traditions was Abu Amr. He belonged to a rich family of Makkah. He was borned 6 years after the incident of Amul-Feel in Taif, 573 C.E.
In the early stage of Islam he was one of the literate men both in Kuffars and Muslims. His family was one of the respectful family of Makkah. When migrated to Madinah from Makkah, he owned a well of fresh water from a Jew and gave it free to the Muslims, who were in deep trouble by absence of fresh water in the Holy city of Madinah.
Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) gave him the glad tiding of Paradise upon this memorable act. He participated in all the battles of Islam with Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w). He donated a huge amount of property whenever needed by Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) in the way of ALLAH and got the title of “Ghani” (One who donated his wealth in the way of ALLAH), By Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w).
Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) gave his two daughters in the Nikkah of Usman (R.A). For this act he was rewarded a title of “Dhun-Norain” by Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w).
Hazrat Usman (R.A) participated in many battles with Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) against the Kuffars. On 5th Hijri, he was set to detention by the Kuffars in Makkah on sending him for the prior information for reciting Hajj by Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w). The Kuffars set out the rumor that they had killed Hazrat Usman (r.a) upon which Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) took an Oath by his 1,400 Companions (r.a) under the tree of Babool. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) made his left hand to the Oath as the hand of Hazrat Usman (r.a). This incident is the most popular in the history of Islam and is termed as “Oath of Rizwan (Bait-e-Rizwan).
Hazrat Usman (r.a) passed approximately 12 years of His great Caliphate after the Martyrdom of Hazrat Umar (r.a). The most important work done in His Caliphate was the rebuilding of “Masjid-e-Nabwi” He made it 3 times greater than its original shape and area.
The most beautiful work which Muslim Ummah can’t forget till the day of Judgment was publishing of the Holy Quran in the form of a book. So, in this way Quran was being presented first time in the form of a Holy Book and was sent to different countries to the Muslims.
On the 18th Dhul-Hajj, Friday 35 Hijri, when He was reciting the Holy Quran in His home in the position of Fasting, was being martyred.
He is buried in the blesses graveyard of Madina Shareef calld Janath-al-Baqia
Sayings of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w):
1. Every Prophet will have a special companion of Him in the Heaven, and my companion there will be Usman. (Ibn-e-Majah)
2. Should I not feel shame from Usman to whom the angels feel shame from. (Muslim)
3. Oh Usman!, if ALLAH some day give you this government and the hypocrites want you to put off this shirt (government) which ALLAH gave you, then you should not put it off. [Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) repeated these words three times] (Ibn-e-Majah, Tirimzi)
4. Once a funeral came in front of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) to offer Salah (funeral prayer). Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) didn’t offered the prayer of that person and went back. On being asking Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) said: He kept hatred from Usman, thus ALLAH kept hatred from him. (Mishkawt)
5. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) married his daughter Hazrat Ruqqiya (r.a) with Hazrat Usman Ghani (r.a). When she died, Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) said: It is the order of ALLAH to marry her sister (Ruqqiya’s) Umm-e-Kulsoom with Usman. So Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) married her with Usman Ghani (r.a). When she died, Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) said: If I would have another daughter, I would have also married her with Usman. (Mishkawt).
The Companions of the Beloved Prophet (S.A.W) hold the highest status in all His (S.A.W)’s Ummah. It is the belief That Great Caliphs (Khulafa-e-Rashideen (R.A) are superior to all other Sahabah Ikraam.
Khulafa-e-Rashideen means “The Rightly Guided”. They truly followed in the foot steps of Our Prophet (S.A.W) and became the successors after Him (S.A.W).
The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) once said “Caliphate shall last for 30 years after me, and thereafter Kingship will be established”.
The Four main Caliphs (In Order of Caliphate) were:
Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (R.A) (For a period of about 2 years).
Hazrat Umar-e-Farooque (R.A) (For a period of about 10 years).
Hazrat Usman-e-Ghani (R.A) (For a period of about 12 years).
Hazrat Moula Ali Murtaza (R.A).(For a period of about 6 years).
Hazrat Imaam Hasan (R.A) (For a period of about 6 months , After Hazrat Ali (R.A)).