The true friend of Allah is one who has these three qualities:
1. A friend of God must have affection like the sun. When the sun rises, it is beneficial to all. All persons derive heat and light from it irrespective of whether they are Muslim, Christian, Seik, Hindu, etc.
2. A friend of God must be generous like an ocean or a river. We all get water from the river or sea to quench our thirst. No discrimination is made whether we are good or bad or whether we are a relation or a stranger.
3. A friend of God is one who has the quality of hospitality like the earth. We are raised and cradled in its (Earth’s) lap, and it is always spread below our feet.
The noblest of characters is possessed by one who is:
1. Bountiful in poverty.
2. Content in hunger.
3. Cheerful in grief.
4. Friendly in hostility.
The surest way to ward off the eternal punishment of hell is:
1. To feed the hungry.
2. To redress the aggrieved.
3. To help the distressed.
1. Without performing Namaz (prayer), none can approach Allah (God), because Namaz is the climax (mi’raj) in the process of such an approach for the pious.
2. If all the rules of Namaz were not followed properly, it is struck back on the face of him who offers such a Namaz.
3. The heart of a lover (True lover of Allah) constantly burns with the fire of love, so much so that whatever intrudes upon its sanctity is burnt to ashes.
4. A sin committed does not harm an individual so much as looking down upon one’s own fellow human beings.
5. Of all the worship that pleases Almighty Allah, the most is the granting of relief to the humble and the oppressed.
6. Performance of charity is the key of attaining the estate of a philanthropist.
7. The one who does not perform devotion of Allah is engaged in the career of earning a sinful living.
8. There are four cardinal virtues of the individual self: (i) refraining from begging in the state of penury; (ii) showing the attitude of being well-fed when feeling hungry; (iii) maintaining a cheerfulness in the time of sorrow; and (iv) befriending the enemy.
9. That man is a true devotee of Almighty Allah, who resigns with pleasure to the misfortune that comes from his beloved (Almighty Allah).
10. The path of Love of God is such a path that whosoever steps into it, loses himself.
11. For a follower of the path of Truth, it is worse than sin to disdain or look down upon anyone.
12. Those who are true Lovers of God give away both of the worlds for the sake of their Beloved and even then feel that they have done nothing worthy.
13. Perfection in faith is evident by three things: (i) Fear, (ii) Hope, and (iii) Love